Acceptable and prohibited uses
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in good faith.
You shall not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation,
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect,
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way,
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards stipulated below, or
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam), or to knowingly transmit any data, or send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You shall not:
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt,
- any part of the Site,
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored,
- any software used in the provision of the Site, or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
The following content standards set out in this section (the “Standards”) apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Site (“Submissions”), and to any services associated with such Submissions.
You must comply with the spirit of the Standards as well as the letter. The Standards apply to each part of any Submission as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts),
- be genuinely held and state a view that a reasonable person could have held (where they state opinions), and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Submissions must not:
contain any material which is:
- defamatory of any person, or
- obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory,
- sexually explicit material,
- discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or
- any illegal activity.
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person,
- be likely to deceive any person,
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence,
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety,
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person,
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person,
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case, or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Policy through your use of the Site. When a breach of this Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site,
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site,
- issue of a warning to you,
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach,
- further legal action against you, or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Policy. The responses described in this Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to this Policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Policy may also be supplemented, amended or superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site or by separate agreement with you.